Dallas County District Attorney institutes “No Refusal” policy for the week of the July 4th 2013 holiday. While the Sheriff’s Department and the Police Departments of Carrollton, Coppell, Mesquite, Rowlett, Sachse utilize the “No Refusal” policy year round, all other cities in Dallas County will have a “No Refusal” policy in effect beginning June 28 through the weekend.
If you are arrested in Dallas County for Driving While Intoxicated (“DWI”) or Boating While Intoxicated (“BWI”) and refuse to provide a specimen of breath or blood, law enforcement will obtain a search warrant to take your blood.
Therefore, please drink responsibly before driving on the roads in North Texas. This also includes operating a boat on the area lakes, so make sure you have a designated driver in place so that you can avoid being arrested if you are stopped by law enforcement and determined to be intoxicated.
For more information on blood test search warrants click here: DWI search warrants
For more information regarding this story see the sources below:
Murray L. Bristol
Latest posts by Murray L. Bristol (see all)
- City of Dallas DWI No Refusal Initiative Memorial Day Weekend - May 22, 2020
- DPS forensic scientist removed on DWI cases in North Texas - November 7, 2016
- Happy Memorial Day Weekend! No Refusal Weekend In North Texas! - May 30, 2016
- No refusal weekend! St. Patrick’s Day Weekend 2014 - March 17, 2016
- Dallas & Tarrant County to ramp up DWI enforcement next few weeks - November 14, 2013